BusinezzTime ©

BusinezzTime ©

zaterdag 27 december 2014

1. The beginning of trading

Dear fellow traders,

Today I would like to tell you something about my biggest beginners mistake of (forex)trading.

When I was 17, my dad once came up to me and talked about trading forex online. He had a kind of program that gave signals to buy or sell the eur/usd pair. I started with just €200,- approximately but soon it went higher and higher, and reached the point of €1200,- in just two months. 

Besides this success, I self, did also trade a bit. I was a scalper (some who does very short trades). And then just one time, it went horribly wrong, and that all because of one big beginners mistake... no stop loss. 

I think much people make this mistake because when the eur/usd fell very hard, you suggest it HAS TO go up, it can't go anywhere else because it already felt so hard. But then you, when you made your trade, it only goes down further and further. And because of our mind set, we won't close the trading because yeah.. everything's going to be alright... right?!

No, it doesn't, and at the point you realize it, it is already too late. So please fellow trades, set yourself a goal to reach and a stop loss. Move your SL with the profit you make, so keep your stop loss around 15 pips under the price if you are in profit. When you are in loss, do not move your stop loss, you have been wrong and accept it. 

After this accident, I haven't traded for around two years, since the beginning of 2014... once again my dad came to me, and he had such a nice trading plan. 

So for today my lesson for all of you is, please use a stop loss(SL) and hold to it. Do not move it, and let your drawdown not be more than 5% of your total equity. If you’re in profit, move your SL to break even first, then follow it by 15 pips to gain maximum profit.

Make mistakes, you will learn from it!

Have a nice weekend you all!

Kind regards,

Vince









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten